Friday, January 29, 2010

A few weeks ago my daughter and I decided it was time to attempt making pot bingsu. Well I call this post my first attempt because although it did not taste bad to me I could have done better. I followed the instruction from Aeri from aeriskitchen on her You Tube Channel. I think the next time I will have all the ingredients set up ahead of time because of working with the ice. As I was reading and following the instructions the ice began to melt as you will see in my pictures.

Ingredients

1½ Cup Crushed Ice
⅛ Cup Milk
3 Tbsp Red Bean for PotBingSu
2 Tbsp Condensed Milk
1 to 2 Tbsp Crushed or Chopped Pineapple
3 Tbsp Chopped Watermelon
2 Tbsp Sticky Rice Cakes for PotBingSu
1 to 2 Tbsp Corn Flakes

Here is my out come. Just a note I did try two batches that day hence the two different bowls. I just wanted to share my first attempt.


Crushed ice and milk


Added sweet red bean

Added condensed milk

Added pineapple, watermelon, sticky rice cakes and corn flacks

Finished

I realized later if you look at the finished picture you won’t see any sweet red beans. That is because I forgot to put them in the second batch.

Oh well this was my first and technically second tries so third times the charm.

See you then. Itadaki masu!

8 comments:

Happy Little Bento said...

Looks great Marisa! Try as many times as you like - each time means more to eat!

hapa bento said...

This looks cool and refreshing. LOL, I always forget steps when I'm trying to document AND photograph my food. Nice job.

Marisa Lyn said...

Sheri Thanks great minds think alike. ^_^

Marisa Lyn said...

Debra thanks I have to say despite the mishaps it did taste really good.

Lia Chen said...

Looks sweet and yum! Agree with Debra, taking step-by-step pictures are not easy. You are doing a great job considering you shooting the ice that is very quick to melt d(^.^)b

Marisa Lyn said...

Thanks Lia, it does take a little getting use to taking pics and cooking for a post. Sometimes I go through the process and forget to take pics so I have to wait until I do the dish again before I can post but I am getting better.

Bentobird said...

Hi Marisa,
I really liked these pictures--the flavors and textures look so interesting! Thanks for sharing--cooking is one endless experiment :)

Marisa Lyn said...

Thanks Jenn, I'm glad they came out so well, where I cook I don't have any natural lite and my camera is a little deceptive on how the pics are until I can see them on the computer I don't know if I have it or not. Thanks for stopping by.