Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My First Award



Thank you Bentobird for sharing the Happy 101 award with me! I love coming to your blog and seeing your bentos it keeps me inspired.

10 Things That Make Me Happy

1. My daughter and spending time with her.
2. Knowing my dad is happy and healthy
3. My two cats BW and Remus Lupin
4. Cooking, experimenting with recipes and making bentos
5. Quilting and sewing
6. Traveling, seeing new things and learning about new cultures
7. Going to museums
8. Listening to different types of music
9. Reading an intriguing book
10. Coca Cola and chocolate

I would like to share this award with these other wonderful bloggers who have been very encouraging to me in my new blogging venture:

Sherimaya of Happy Little Bento
Susan Yuen of Hawai`i’s Bento Box Cookbook
Lia of Bentolicious
Debra of Hapabento
Claudia of What’s Cookin Italian Style Cuisine
Michelle of Taste As You Go
Mardi of Eat, Live, Travel, Write

Last but not least I would like to send this award back to Bentobird. I’ve been blogging for such a short time and although I follow a number of blog sites I really interact with a small few. To these people I want to say thank you for being helpful and encouraging.

This award asks that you:
Copy the award image into a post.
List 10 things that make you happy.
Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day
Put in a link to their blogs.
Notify the award receivers.
Recipients can link back to the sender's blog if they wish!

12 comments:

Bentobird said...

Hi Marisa,
Really enjoyed reading your list--we have many things in common! Looking forward to your new bentos :)
Best wishes,
Jenn/Bentobird

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

I am overwhelmed that I am named as one that has encouraged you. I love this award and am delighted and honored to be part of this. Thanks so much for this wonderful award and thank you so much for the lovely compliments! You are well deserved of this and Congrats on winning this as well. :)

Marisa Lyn said...

Jenn, I know that all it takes is for someone to reach out a hand to help another to make a difference. Some people aren't willing to do that but you were and I appreciate that. I look forward to learning more from you.
Best wishes to you too,
Marisa

Marisa Lyn said...

Claudia, when I began my journey I had no idea the food blogging world was so vast. In the beginning I was very overwheled. There are few people who act as beacons and you are one of them. I just wanted to thank you for it.
In all sincerity,
Marisa

hapa bento said...

Hi Marisa, Congrats on your Happy Award. I enjoyed reading your top 10 and it seems we both have 2 cats. My 2 make me completely happy also.
Thanks for passing this along to me.

Marisa Lyn said...

Debra thanks for being encouraging to me with my bentos. It has given me confidence to finally share my bentos with others.

Happy Little Bento said...

Thanks for sharing, Marisa! It's nice getting to know you better. Coke & chocolate, haha!
I also sew and "quilt", though I haven't been able to do this for a long time, since my kids are taking up much of the time I used to spend doing those projects. I still have tons of fabric and patterns waiting for me to get back into it though :)

Marisa Lyn said...

Yeah I haven't quilted in about 2 years because I was in school but now that I am out I'm planning on getting back at it. I remember when my daughter was around the age or your kids and I didn't have time to do anything other than hang with her. But you know it was cool. And yay Coke (ice cold in one of the old glass bottles) and chocolate (rich creamy melt in your mouth) Doesn't take much to satify me. hee hee

Susan said...

Thank you for the award, you are so kind!!! I am curious about your cat names though. :D

Marisa Lyn said...

Susan you have been very kind to me and I wanted to thank you.

My cats are named BW (she's black & white) real original right and Remus Lupin (daughter was into Harry Potter at the time) and he's all black.

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

Thanks again for your kind words, truly appreciated :) and by the way you are doing a fantastic job on your blogging!

Marisa Lyn said...

Thanks Claudia, I take that as a complement coming from you.